You may be right, but after demolition of UPA govt you may be thrown from frying pan to fire(a coalition govt of all sorts of opportunistic nuisance parties}. BJP has no chance to form next Govt without the support of these parties. It is praiseworthy that in spite of the prospect of loosing next election congress is taking hard decisions at last. In WB, the govt has no money to pay its employees and has been regularly taking loans(several thousand crores) to pay them. But WB govt is giving money (Crores of rupees) to clubs(Rs 2 lakhs per club this year to more than 2500 club) and has announced that it will give money in the following years also to a larger number of clubs. TMC will win the next election but ?
Pls note capturing solar power using panels is a developing technology, and we have a long way to go before we capture this power efficiently. The panels available in India are Chinese products which is ridden with several technical problems.
I always wonder as to why governments, the world over, do not promote solar power. I think in India, atleast solar power can be a game changer as we receive almost 8 months sun rays in a year. I agree with you that government should give tax breaks for the people who set up solar powered electicity for domestic use.
It is very interesting for all to note that CM of West Bengal Ms Mamata Banerjee wants people to get 24 LPG cylinders per year under the subsidised scheme - no shortage of crazy women in power especially in India !
Govt thinks that salary hiking of govt employees would justify the price hiked in petrol, LPG, Diesel and inflation.. But they mere to understand that govt employess are only 12% of total population and 70% are working in pvt jobs where salary hardly increase in comparision to inflation.. So middle class would vote 2014 heavily agst this congress.. senseless and most corrupted govt indian would have seen since indepedence.
This is more than enough. People must understand the difficulties of Oil companies and cooperate. Some measures to reduce gas consumption:
1. Do not use for boiling hot water.
2. Normally Housewives leave the lighting gas and chat in phones and waste the gas. They must switch off and go and attend phones.
3. At least once in two or three days clean the gas stove and save consumption.
4. Try to switch off when the work is over.
5. As most of the families will be having 2 gas cylinders booking must be made as soon as the gas exhausted in the cylinder.
6. Use the gas in minimum levels instead of using at high levels.
7. Take the help of gas agencies to check the tube and the gas stove once in three months to save gas.
8. Report to the distributors if there is leakage in gas and rectified to avoid accidents.
9.Do not allow children to operate below 5 years.
10. When the new cylinder is fixed observe there is no leakage and the whole system is tight.
If one takes the above precautions they can save gas and enjoy for long periods.
These are all temporary solutions lgovt should remove all taxes as of now those who can afford LPG at market rate are. Getting subsidy and those who need subsidised LPG do not have LPG gas connection and buying LPG from open market at 120-150 Rs a kg